Wednesday, October 6, 2010
MY Charity: water
I think a lot of us forget that everyone doesn't have access to clean water. 1 in 8 people around the world go without clean water and its inspiring to see an organization that is bringing this issue to the forefront.
There are several things you can do with Charity Water.
1. Give up your birthday for clean water The idea behind this is that instead of receiving gifts for your birthday you will accept donations for clean water.
2. Donate Directly$20 can supply can give one person water for 20 years. If 1 billion people around the world gave $20 each that would be enough to supply clean water to the 1 billion people without clean water for 20 years!!
3. Sponsor a WellYou can also sponsor a well for either $5,000 or $20,000 depending on what your organization could afford but it would either supply 250+ people with a clean water well or over 1,000 students with clean water and latrines.
4. Monthly GiftsSame idea that is behind donating directly but doing it on a consistent basis
5. Wear CharityWear the cause and spread awareness. Any profits go to running the organization and keeping this charity in business.
So if your birthday is coming up or if you have some money to spare this may just be a great option for you!